Senior Database Administrator
US$100000 - US$105000 per annum
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or another similar STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) discipline or equivalent work experience preferred
- 5+ years of hands-on information services technical experience demonstrating progression from information analysis, data administration, database administration, and information architecture experience - in support of development, maintenance, and operational technical environments (teams).
- Willingness to learn additional information services roles, such as: ETL services and PowerBI.
- Superior technical acumen including solid knowledge of SQL Server 2017+ Enterprise Edition
- Ability to write, trace and tune queries using profilers, indexes, execution plans and statistics
- Production experience with database monitoring tools such Solar Winds, Idera, etc.
- Understanding of redundancy and High Availability patterns in SQL Server
- Operations automation with scripting - PowerShell
- Exposure to other SQL and NoSQL engines, such as Postgres and MongoDB
- Experience with source control versioning tools - GitHub
- Ability to informally lead and teach others on modern data best practices
- Strong communications skills - must be a team player
- Demonstrated ability to proactively and confidently engage with stakeholders to gain an understanding of the business' evolving technical needs
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, agile, and quickly changing business environment
- Interest in providing technical review and mentorship to team members