Data Governance Architect
US$90.00 - US$100.00 per hour
Our client is looking for a very talented and experienced Data Governance Lead with strong expertise in MS Azure. As a Data Governance Architect, you will play a critical role in developing and implementing our data governance strategy, ensuring the integrity, quality, and security of their data assets.
- Design and implement a comprehensive data governance framework that aligns with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain data governance policies, standards, and procedures to ensure consistent data management practices across the organization.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and establish data governance roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities.
- Create and manage data governance processes, including data classification, data lineage, data quality, and data access controls.
- Work closely with data owners and stewards to define and enforce data governance policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with IT teams to implement data governance tools and technologies, leveraging Azure services and capabilities.
- Define and implement data governance metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of data governance initiatives.
- Conduct data risk assessments and develop mitigation strategies to address data security and privacy concerns.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory changes related to data governance and data management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven experience as a Data Governance Architect or in a similar role, with a strong focus on data governance and data management.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Azure, including Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Catalog, and Azure Security & Compliance.
- Solid understanding of data governance principles, frameworks, and best practices.
- Knowledge of data privacy regulations (such as GDPR or CCPA) and experience in implementing data protection measures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex data-related issues and develop effective solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Relevant certifications in Azure or data governance (e.g., Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate, Certified Data Management Professional) are a plus.