Posted-on April 2020 By Ben Leach
In the second of our iO Virtual Meetups our guest speaker Emily Jiang, Liberty Microservice Architect, Advocate and Java Champion, tackled the modern and open way to build cloud-native microservices and the programing models available.
You may have heard about Eclipse MicroProfile and are wanting to find out more. In this session you’ll learn:
- everything you need to know about MicroProfile (including a demo)
- how to package the MicroProfile in to a Docker container and deploy it to a Kubernetes clusterand finally,
- how to use Istio to manage your microservice interactions
Listen to this session to develop your in-depth knowledge about MicroProfile and how you can use it to build well-performed microservices. After this session, you will understand how to best develop Cloud Native Microservices by using MicroProfile and how to work well with Cloud infrastructure, such as Kubernetes and Istio.
You can view the full Virtual Meetup below:
About Emily Jiang
Emily Jiang, is a Java Champion. She is Liberty Microservices Architect and Advocate, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM) in IBM, based at Hursley Lab in the UK. Emily is a MicroProfile guru and has been working on MicroProfile since 2016, leading the specifications of MicroProfile Config, Fault Tolerance and Service Mesh. She is a CDI Expert Group member and passionate about MicroProfile and Jakarta EE. Emily regularly speaks at conferences, such as Code One, DevNexus, JAX London, Voxxed, Devoxx, EclipseCon, QCon, GeeCon, JFokus, etc. Follow her on Twitter @emilyfhjiang and/or connect with her on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/emily-jia...)
Keep an eye on our LinkedIn page to see our upcoming Virtual Meetups and events and get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions on future virtual meetups.
- iO AWS Virtual Meetup - Building Cloud-Native Mobile Applications
- Posted By Sam Johnson on 21st April 2021
- iO Azure Virtual Meetup - Azure Bastion: One Does Not Simply Walk Into My VNet
- Posted By Elliot Evans on 28th March 2021
- iO AWS Virtual Meetup - Your Observability Just Got Supercharged
- Posted By Matthew Atkins on 18th March 2021