The IT Systems Engineer works closely with the IT Department and staff to ensure a high level of service when responding to IT issues and/or performing strategical analysis aimed at improving our current applications to increase productivity. This position will assist the IT Manager with various projects encompassing software and hardware deployments as well as advanced desktop support. In addition, this position monitors and maintains desktop hardware and software, applies revisions where applicable, and maintains the firm's library of software. While this position reports to the IT Manager and works closely with others in the firm, the successful candidate will have to be a self-starter, capable of working independently to accomplish projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Ability to work on a project independently and see it through to completion in a timely and efficient manner
- Setting project goals and coming up with a plan to accomplish those goals
- Must have the ability to come up new projects on their own to improve the company
- Provides technical assistance to all users, including remote support for other offices.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues related to problem documents, document management system and desktop OS.
- Tracks reported help desk calls through help desk software and creates concise and accurate documentation of issues from report to resolution.
- Provides follow-up to users after call support and problem resolution.
- Identifies trends in help desk calls and recommends systemic and pro-active solutions to mitigate issues.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties as identified by the IT Manager.
- 7+ years of general IT experience.
- 3+ years of experience planning and completing IT projects.
- Knowledge of Windows Server, VMWare, Citrix, SANs, Veeam, Exchange, Networking technologies, Microsoft Office, Active Directory, Group Policies, SQL, and E-mail security.
- Knowledge of iManage WorkSite, Microsoft SharePoint, or any document/content management system is a plus.
- Security experience or certification is also a plus.
- Relevant and recent software certification preferred.
- A highly proactive, solution-oriented approach to work and interactions.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership of projects and resolving issues proactively.
- High comfort level with sometimes stressful client requirements.
- Technical aptitude and understanding, including the ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and apply effective independent judgment.
- Availability to work overtime; flexibility regarding work schedule.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to multitask.